Freedom of Information Sub-Committees
The Freedom of Information Steering Committee has five sub-committees.
- Implementation Planning Sub-Committee
- Legal Sub-Committee
- Communication, Public Participation and Public Relations
- Information Technology Sub-Committee
- Training and Records Management Sub-Committee
The Roles of the Sub-Committees
Implementation Planning Sub-Committee
- Prepare an effective FOI implementation plan.
- Track and monitor the progress of implementation, ensuring the achievement of milestones utilising the most advanced project management techniques.
- Ensure the development of FOI regulations.
- Assist in the review of all laws inconsistent with FOI Law and necessary reform, repeal or retention of the status quo.
- Develop a Whistle-blowers Policy for the Cayman Islands.
Communication, Public Participation and Public Relations
- Develop a communication strategy to inform civil servants of the value of the Law.
- Ensure public participation in the process of implementation.
Information Technology Sub-Committee
- Ensure the timely development of an FOI tracking and monitoring system.
- Create a framework for development of e-publication schemes
Training and Records Management Sub-Committee
- Develop a training strategy for FOI in the Cayman Islands.
- Monitor the progress of sound record management practices in public authorities.
Last Updated: 2008-11-20